VOLUNTEER - JANUARY 25 - FEBRUARY 3, 2013
2013 marks the 10th year for the Ice on Whyte Festival. It's going to be a remarkable celebration of community, creation, and carvings! We have introduced some wonderful throughout the entire festival - and the volunteer department lead the way
Volunteers at Ice on Whyte are the best in town. If you haven't volunteered with us before, you will be a part a diverse team that keeps smiling no matter what the temperature is.
- Gifts each day that you work from our new "Ice on Whyte Volunteer Appreciation Station
- Daily draw for prizes from businesses on Whyte Avenue
- A 'Shift Survival Pack' containting hand warmers, granola bars, tickets for hot beverages served in a heated tent
- A signed reference letter or verbal reference regarding your role on site
- Invitation to our team wrap up party
- Special rates and deals at participating businesses in the neighbourhood. A print-out of these coupons will be given to you when come to the event.
- Shifts to be no longer that 3.5
- We ask that you volunteer a maximum of two shifts per day. We want you to have lots of energy
- It is an outdoor festival but we will do out best to keep everyone moving. It is important to dress appropriately for the weather, Warm boots, mittens, gloves, scarves, and coats are recommended.