ATCO Gas International Ice Carving Competition
The 2015 ATCO Gas International Ice Carving Competition takes place January 23 to 25, 2015. 10 teams of incredibly talented professional ice carvers will compete for top prize and 5 teams of novice ice carvers will compete for a berth in the professional category in 2016.
Ice on Whyte is very pleased to announce the following slate of Professional Category Artists for the 2015 ATCO Gas International Ice Carving Competition.
- Team Sakha – Alexey & Egor from the Republic of Sakha in Russia – 1st Place Professional 2014
- Team Lithuania – Donatas & Inese from Lithuania
- Double Dutch Trouble – Wilfred & Edith from the Netherlands
- Kee & Scott – Kee & Scott from Malaysia and Calgary, AB
- Team Latvia – Sandis & Uldis from Seattle, WA and Latvia
- Team Sakha 2 – Nicolai & Aleksandr from the Republic of Sakha in Russia
- aRTe Ice Carving NZ – Roger & Magda from New Zealand
- Ice on Siberia – Fedor & Aleksandr from the Republic of Sakha in Russia
- The Artists formerly known as Gansta Train – Cliff & Mark from Edmonton – 1st place Novice 2014
- Cox Lassonde Ice – Rusty & Francois from Fairmont Hot Springs, BC and Edmonton, AB
The Novice Category Artists for 2015 are:
- Singing Ice – Muid & Shahab from Calgary, AB
- Chisel Magic – Robert & David from Edmonton, AB
Three qualified judges critique the carvings and allocate points based on First Impression, Structure, Skill and Technique, Details, Concept and Design, Creativity and Artistic Merit.
The judges for the Professional Category are Ikuo Kanbayashi, Pat Galbraith and Delayne Corbett.
Two of the professional ice carvers will judge the novice category based on the same categories as the professional artist’s sculptures.
The ice carving awards ceremony take place on Sunday, January 24 at approximately 4 pm on the ATCO Stage.
If you love Ice on Whyte and want to be apart of the festival.....sign-up to be a volunteer! :)