L’il Chipper Ice Carving Lessons – Registration is now open for the Chipper School Program
The Boardwalk Ice on Whyte Festival is pleased to present the L’il Chipper ice carving lessons for school groups. In this program, students get a hands-on ice carving lesson, a guided tour of the International Competition Ice Carvings, and a live ice carving demonstration and question period.
The L’il Chipper ice carving lessons take place in a heated inflatable igloo.
There will be a dedicated area for students to enjoy snacks or lunches they bring along.
Each registered school group will receive a confirmation letter that will confirm your snack time, details for parking and general information about your field trip.
Ages: Grade 3- Grade 9
Curriculum Based Art Programming:
- Reflection – Component 1: Analysis
- Depiction – Component 4: Main forms & Proportions, Component 6: Qualities & Details
- Composition – Component 9: Craftsmanship
- Expression – Component 10 (iii): Media & Techniques – Concept D: Sculptures
Class Size: There is room for 60 students in each time slot. When you go to purchase your tickets, you will only be able to buy tickets for the number of openings available in your time slot. Please check another time slot if you cannot purchase enough tickets at a time.
Cost: $4.70 per student including gst. (no charge for teachers and up to 5 parent volunteers)
Payment: All payments must be made by credit card upon registration.
Dates and Class Times:
- Tuesday, January 29, 2019 – 9:30 am to 10:15 am (sold out)
- Tuesday, January 29, 2019 – 10:30 am to 11:15 am (20 spots available)
- Tuesday, January 29, 2019 – 11:30 am to 12:15 pm
- Tuesday, January 29, 2019 – 1:00 pm to 1:45 pm
- Tuesday, January 29, 2019 – 2:00 pm to 2:45 pm
- Wednesday, January 30, 2019 – 9:30 am to 10:15 am (sold out)
- Wednesday, January 30, 2019 – 10:30 am to 11:15 am (27 spots available)
- Wednesday, January 30, 2019 – 11:30 am to 12:15 pm (27 spots available)
- Wednesday, January 30, 2019 – 1:00 pm to 1:45 pm (30 spots available)
- Wednesday, January 30, 2019 – 2:00 pm to 2:45 pm (19 spots available)
- Thursday, January 31, 2019 – 9:30 am to 10:15 am
- Thursday, January 31, 2019 – 10:30 am to 11:15 am
- Thursday, January 31, 2019 – 11:30 am to 12:15 pm
Registration Cut-Off Date: December 28, 2018
Ice on Whyte will:
- provide the ice carving lesson in a heated igloo
- provide a designated area for snacks and lunches
- preregister their class
- purchase 1 ticket for each student via our online ticket purchase system
- collect their school board’s approved waiver forms from all participating students
- provide transportation to and from Ice on Whyte
- ensure that bus drivers park in the designated parking spots to unload and load students
- ensure that the children are dressed for outdoor activities
- provide 4 – 5 adults to supervise each group of 30 students on site and in the igloo (teachers and volunteer supervisors are not required to pay the registration fee)
- ensure that children do not leave the designated snack area with food or beverages at any time
Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or if you require any additional information. We look forward to having your class at the 2019 Boardwalk Ice on Whyte Festival!
If Ice on Whyte cancels your class trip for any reason, your school will be refunded the full amount paid. If your school cancels with Ice on Whyte with less than 14 days notice, no refunds is provided.
L’il & Big Chippers Gallery
The real fun starts when temperatures drop below zero.