Ordinary People…Extraordinary Stories School Program Registration IS NOW CLOSED.
We look forward to seeing you in 2018!
Thursday January 26 – Aboriginal Life, Exploration and the Fur Trade
Friday, January 27 – Aboriginal Life, Exploration and the Fur Trade
Thursday, February 2 – Northwest Mounted Police, the Railway and Settlement
Friday, February 3 – Northwest Mounted Police, the Railway and Settlement
Times: 10 am to 2 pm
Cost: $4.20 including gst per student
Ice on Whyte will:
- present the sessions in a “heritage village” set in a heated tent
- provide the interactive sessions – each class spends 20 minutes at each story stop in the Heritage Village
- provide a designated area for snacks and lunches
- provide time to enjoy outdoor play on the giant ice slide and interactive Agrium Kids Zone
- preregister their class
- pay for their visit prior to arrival (schools will receive an invoice and may mail in a cheque or phone to pay by credit card)
- collect their school board’s approved waiver forms from all participating students
- provide transportation to and from Ice on Whyte
- ensure that bus drivers park in the designated parking spots to unload and load students
- ensure that the children are dressed for outdoor activities
- provide 4 – 5 adults to supervise each group of 30 students in the park, the snack area and in the heritage village (teachers and volunteer supervisors are not required to pay the registration fee)
- ensure that children do not leave the designated snack area with food or beverages at any time
NOTE: If you have a class that is smaller than 15 students, OR if you have a class of 31 to 36 students and there is only 1 time slot in your preferred time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to manually book your class into shared time slot with another class.
Contact us email@example.com if you have any questions or if you require any additional information. We look forward to having your class at the 2017 Ice on Whyte Festival!
If Ice on Whyte cancels your class trip for any reason, your school will be refunded the full amount paid. If your school cancels with Ice on Whyte with less than 14 days notice, no refunds is provided.